About Us


Monica Elevator was built as a cooperative in 1905 for $4,500 and is still an independent cooperative today. The original wooden elevator located near C.B.&Q with 20,000 bushels of storage capacity, lumber, hardware and coal. A feed mill was added in 1920. The cooperative was reincorporated in 1938. Today; Monica and Dunlap combined total of 7.5 million bushels of storage capacity.  Monica Elevator employes 10 full time staff and +/- 8 seasonal staff.